Walker Finch – 2014 Wrap Up
It was a great year for ESG sponsored BMX Racer Walker Finch. Since 2013, we’ve been a proud sponsor of his efforts; we’re very excited to support a young man with a plan and commitment to focused execution. He embodies what we work toward with our clients in making their strategies happen. We are excited to help Walker in 2015 and hope to see him get closer to his olympic goals. Read more to see a list of Walker’s accomplishments in 2014 and a photo gallery of him in Action.
- Started training with Highly Respected Olympic coach Greg Romero at the end of December 2013. Walker was the only amateur to be excepted into his program with the help of ESG.
- Consistently on the podium at all the races in January/February
- 4 national event wins at back to back races in the month of March.
- Competed in the National Championships at the Chula Vista Olympic training center in the beginning of May. Placing 6th.
- Competed in the Continental Championships. USA, Canada, and Mexico all competed. Walker placed 4th, missing the podium by inches.
- Spent 3 weeks training and preparing at the Olympic training Center (OTC) for the World Championships in Rotterdam Netherlands.
- In Amsterdam Walker competed against 183 riders who represented 42 different countries in the Junior Elite Class. 8 Americans competed and only 2 made the Main event. Walker placed 7th and was the youngest rider to make the final.
- Won Both Days of the Mile Hi National at his home track in Dacono, CO.
- From September-November he consistently placed on the Podium at all the nationals he attended.
- Traveled and Competed in 12 states and 2 countries. Walker raced 38 National races, 1 Grand National , 1 National Championship, 1 Continental Championship and the World Championship.